A comprehensive dental exam will be performed by your dentist at your initial dental visit. At regular check-up exams, your dentist and hygienist will include the following:
- Examination of diagnostic x-rays (radiographs): Essential for detection of decay, tumors, cysts, and bone loss. X-rays also help determine tooth and root positions.
- Oral cancer screening: Check the face, neck, lips, tongue, throat, tissues, and gums for any signs of oral cancer.
- Gum disease evaluation: Check the gums and bone around the teeth for any signs of periodontal disease.
- Examination of tooth decay: All tooth surfaces will be checked for decay with special dental instruments.
- Examination of existing restorations: Check current fillings, crowns, etc.
Visit Frederick G. Lehmann DDS for Your Dental Exam in Chapel Hill
Located in the beautiful Europa Center office building and offer friendly, professional service in a beautiful environment. Give us a call at 919-967-9999 or visit our contact page to learn more about how we can improve your oral health today.
Frederick G. Lehmann serves Chapel Hill, and also offers general and cosmetic dental care to patients in Chapel Hill, Pittsboro, Carrboro and surrounding areas.